That’s how a friend describes what I’m doing here and it’s an apt anology. Big job, done little bits at a time. Doesn’t help when you have to make parts for the elephant though! 🙂
Yesterday, I finished machining the other three swingarm spacers. Held my breath when I first tried fitting the swingarm with them. Would they fit? Will I have to make them all over again? Yes and no. They fit perfectly the first try, I guess all of the time I spent measuring and calculating paid off.
Next task was to see how much clearance there was between the head of the swingarm pivot bolt and the brake disc. Mounted up the brake disc. Turns out, only about a hairs width – too close. So, I removed approx. 1mm from the head of the bolt and now it’s fine.
I didn’t have much more time to work, so played around cleaning the footpeg assemblies, installing them and test fitting some related bits. I mounted up the brake caliper and right footpeg loosely. It all fits like it should, though I may need a shim or two behind the caliper to center it on the brake disc. The disc guard fits nicely and looks pretty cool. Think I’ll paint the “ATK” in red.
Fresh hardware and the pegs go on.
Back to paying work tomorrow for sure.